Soleus Air DP1-70-03 is a 70 pint Energy Star rated dehumidifier that removes up to such amount of moisture from the air per 24 fours. Featuring continuous mode digital humidistat with continuous mode, plus 3 fan speeds, bucket-full audible alarm and indicator light, plus the clean washable filter indicator light, it can dehumidify a 1200 square foot basement to 55% if you set it so. Further comments made by the users on Soleus Air DP1-70-03 can be found here, as for the next section we are going to discuss more of its points.
Points of Soleus Air DP1-70-03 Users Must Know
The price The price listed by Amazon on this unit is nearly $260, which really worth the price considering the job it performs that is removing a lot of moisture in the air.
- It removes a lot of moisture in the air rapidly that you wont even find any more condensation on any of the windows of a 400 sq feet room, not even the ones which are all the way across the room from it.
- It works relatively quiet, that if you place it in the basement the noise wont reach the upper stairs. But since it is a 70 pint unit, you shouldnt expect it to work with less sound compared to the smaller units like Frigidaire 50 pint. Regarding the noise, some users claimed that it is relatively modest in full-thrust mode, you can also reduce the noise even further by controlling the fan speed.
- The filter of this unit is very easy to clean and although it is made of all-plastic, every part of it fits well and you can start operating it in just a few minutes.
- You can easily empty the bucket once it is full. Averagely, the bucket probably removes about two gallons of air from the room a day.
- We are glad that this unit has intuitive controls, which smartly laid-out wit easy to read large digital numbers. You wont have troubles in recognizing what the unit has to offer because everything is easy to use, as well as to understand.
- It also has an accurate humidity setting that if you check it with a reference humidistat, you will see how the dehumidifier almost spot on.
- Since it is energy star rated, the unit is completed with an automatic restart and shut-off. That it will stop operating once the water container is full.
- The overall appearance is also nice to look at, especially since it has a retractable handle on top and casters for and easy transportation. In short, it is a very smartly designed unit.
Delivery Those who have bought the unit are pleased with the delivery time, and that the unit was packaged well when shipped. Those who received the item via UPS claimed that the packaging was intelligently designed that the unit was well-protected.
Drawback The only negative point of this unit probably relies on the bucket which seems a little flimsy especially if you are opting not to use hose to drain the water. The bucket of this unit could have had a better handle. A user also mentioned that it blows cold air as it dehumidifies, but this is nothing major as it performs well in keeping mold at bay especially in a very humid area.
Considering its power in dehumidifying, it is not recommended to run the unit at night while you are sleeping, especially if you set it at your bedroom. It could possibly dehumidify you and this is certainly not a joke.
Consider to purchase Frigidaire FAD504TDD if you wish for a unit which dehumidifies less air. Besides of its affordable price, it comes with several nice features including the options of operating the unit in different ways: based on the timer, manually, or based on the humidity level. it is also an Energy Star rated unit so you will not also safe some money on purchasing the item but will also safe more on using the unit. Read what other users say about this device here.
No related posts.